Welcome to Prieuré de Conques
History of Conquesor The longue era of a place blessed by the Gods
It was back in 648 that Saint Remacle, the bishop of Maastricht, ordered the building of a monastery in Conques on the land of the Count of Chiny.
In 1173, the Prieuré was given as a gift to the Cistercian monks of Orval, who transformed it into a place of study and convalescence.
In 1942, the DE NAEYER family acquired the Conques estate, where they worked the Semois and lakes of Conques to breed fish.
In 1963, Florimond and Simone DE NAEYER converted the Prieuré de Conques into a luxurious hostelry. In 1990, they even built an annex to the hotel: the “Résidence”.
They continued to manage the complex until January 1996, when their son, Françis DE NAEYER, took it over. “L’Hostellerie du Prieuré de Conques” was then total restored and updated so that it could continue to welcome guests as it had in the past.
In 2017, the DE NAEYER family handed the management over to a total new team, which has been striving every day to keep the guest satisfied and to give them all they need for a Wonderfull stay. To be continued…